Cubs fans are used to being sad. Being sad in the World Series, however, is a whole other matter.
Game 3 of the World Series was highly anticipated on the North Side, what with it being the Cubs’ first home Fall Classic game in 71 years, but the excitement quickly turned into that familiar feeling of anguish when the Cleveland Indians eked out a 1-0 victory.
Now that the game is done and the Indians are up 2-1 in the series – ensuring the Cubs can’t break their 108-year drought at home – fans in Chicago are feeling the blues once again. We found 10 sad Cubs fans at Wrigley Field and ranked them in order of sadness.
10. IT’S TOO COLD FOR THIS
9. THE YOUNGEST JADED CUBS FAN
8. COME ON, I WAITED 71 YEARS FOR THIS?!
7. “YOU LOOK STRESSED.” “OH, I’M STRESSED!”
6. PLEASE BASEBALL GODS, JUST THIS ONCE
5. WHY CHASE THAT PITCH, JAVY? WHY?
4. NOT AGAIN!
3. THE STRESS IS UNBEARABLE
2. DO THEY STILL PLAY THE BLUES IN CHICAGO?
1. AH WELL, WHAT’S ANOTHER 108 YEARS ANYWAY
(Photos courtesy: Getty Images and MLB.com)